Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tuesday the 27
A sort of busy day in the slow lane. I had to finish my tile job on the stairs when I put the tile on yesterday I had one set of 8 tile on the face of the bottom step ( if that makes sense) anyway I had to put a thin plywood on the floor to keep the tile up off the floor so this morning when I removed the plywood ,you guessed it , but only one , of the tiles came off so I put a new on back on along with another 10 small face tiles on the edges of the steps . This is a picture of the tile on the stairs ,we still have to put grout in the spaces between the tile.


that kept me busy most of the morning then I put casing moldings around the girls closet door and a handle on it. Almost all the doors in the house are glass french doors and we have used glass doorknobs on all the doors , the exceptions are the bathrooms and the closet and the wine closet. We tried to put a glass door on the bathroom ,ordered specially to fit, but it was too see through . we thought it would keep visitors from spending too much time there . the door that we ordered for the bathroom was used on the girls bedroom





this is a picture of the door at the top of the stairs going into the kitchen.


example of the fancy doorknobs ( yes the door will eventually get painted )
we ordered one more door today to go at the top of the basement stairs this will give us a sort of enclosed back porch, you come in the back door then either go up to the kitchen or open the door to go downstairs .
we usually keep the kitchen door closed it helps to keep drafts out .

No comments:

Post a Comment