Friday, October 9, 2009

October 8




well this was supposed to be done last night but I was too tired so I am doing it in the morning
I drive a school bus and this morning saw an interesting phenomenon steam or at least watervapor rising from the river. It only happens here a few times a year I think it is when the water is warmer than the air. I usually want to take a picture but can't stop the school bus to take pictures and by the time I am finished it is gone. the school went on a field trip today to pick Toulies they are a reed that grows by bullrushes . they are used to make mats they also were picking pine needles to make baskets.

We still have a fair amount of work to do on our renovation, sometimes unexplained things happen ,for example I couldn't get the front outside light to come on it has a light /dark sensor and is supposed to come on when it gets dark anyway it wasn't coming on like it was supposed to and suddenly at 6:30 this morning it came on . ghosts? The renovation is sort of 3 steps forward the 1 back . the rain storm a couple of weeks ago caused a flood into our basement where I had just finished putting in new laminate flooring. I had to take out the floor and a piece of wallboard under the window where the water came in.To get the wallboard off I had to pry on the stairs which in turn caused some of the quarry tile to come off.This was all caused by the previous owner paving a sidewalk up to the edge of the house and sloping it towards the house so the water would run along the edge of the house I replaced the window I had all ready replaced with glass blocks cemented in and a soon project will be ripping all the paved sidewalk out .It is sometimes hard to get started on these projects after taking a break but we have just get going. I try to make listes of the jobs and then work them off the list so today for example I am writing this instead of working on the window sill.

Thursday night is our fire practice and tonight I was in charge of practicing putting out garbage bin fires it all went according to the plan

No comments:

Post a Comment